Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Crash

Lost 1% capital overnight
Last night, here was my plan:
-          I was expecting EURxxx pairs opening at a higher value. Well. It was the case. Until there my week-end work hit right. And so I expected a drop at some point.
-          I opened SELL orders on EURxxx pairs (I can see some of you smiling while reading SELL + yesterday night) .
Basically, I Jumped on my FxSurf confidently, approached the waves... And got violently smacked out of the water, left teeth in the sea and few more in the sand!
Concretely, it cost me £5.11. I was not the happiest man in the world at that point. To avoid further disappointments I simply closed any remaining orders (3 more). Why? Because I felt it was all out of control. I needed to feel quiet again. To do so I needed all survivors closed.
Zen is back, can think. “Breathe slowly and blow the candle” said my imaginary friend Mr Reason
What mistake did I do ? I think.
Later today, I could see I was eventually right, the so waited fall in EURxxx I wished to slide on. I came to the sad conclusion that my main mistake was the time I chose to enter the market. I read many Forex advises against beginners trading Mondays. Specially at opening.
Oh Dear, with the right timing, I could get good money from it!
I do not know yet if I was right to simply close everything opened. But one thing sure, I felt good about it. Was needed to get my head back on its shoulders.
Tomorrow is another day.
The positive side
I managed, again, to limit Losses. At a cost, I learned. How to stop the learning curve price? I could go back practice on the demo account? Mmmh. Not so sure. I think I prefer to feel the reality. My minute of philosophy: I prefer to lose £5.11 today rather than £511 later. Today I felt the Loss, I did not on demo accounts.
I rather test other strategies on demo.
Mr Glick
Forex Surfer - Apprentice

No comments:

Post a Comment